You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dynam PBY Catalina 1.47M - PNP
Part Number: DY8943GY
The Consolidated PBY Catalina, also known as the Canso in Canadian service, was an American flying boat, and later an amphibious aircraft of the 1930s and 1940s produced by Consolidated Aircraft. It was one of the most widely used seaplanes of World War II. PBYs were used in anti-submarine warfare, patrol bombing, convoy escorts, search and rescue missions (especially air-sea rescue), and cargo transport. The PBY was originally designed to be a patrol bomber, an aircraft with a long operational range intended to locate and attack enemy transport ships at sea in order to disrupt enemy supply lines. With a mind to a potential conflict in the Pacific Ocean, where troops would require resupply over great distances, the U.S. Navy in the 1930s invested millions of dollars in developing long-range flying boats for this purpose. Flying boats had the advantage of not requiring runways, in effect having the entire ocean available. Several different flying boats were adopted by the Navy, but the PBY was the most widely used and produced.
The Dynam PBY Catalina seaplane is a well-designed model and with scale details, the three-piece detachable wing is easy to carry and assemble. 1470mm wingspan and dual 2815 motors provide plenty of power, great lift force, short takeoff distance, and strong wind resistance capability. The most commonly used 3s 2200mAh batteries can support a flight of more than 10 minutes. The PBY is perfect for flying on the small lake or ponds in summer and amphibious aircraft lovers will enjoy the grace of the model both in flight and on land.
- Made from high strength EPO Foam, which is lightweight and impact-resistant
- Factory Spray painted for scale appearance, high simulation for every detail
- Dual 2815 motors combined with three-bladed propellers, providing plenty of power
- The main wing is detachable, easy to carry. You can assemble the wing by tightening the screws, or disassemble by loosening the screws.
- 1470mm wingspan provides small wing loading, great lift force, short takeoff distance, long airborne period, and strong wind resistance capability
- Compatible with 3s 2200mAh to 3300mAh batteries, can fly for more than 10 minutes by using the 3s 2200mAh batteries
Included with the package:
- Dynam PBY Catalina 1.47M - PNP
- Wingspan: 1470mm (58in)
- Overall Length: 940mm (37in)
- Wing Loading: 44g/dm²
- Servo: 9g×4pcs
- Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh Li-Po, 20C
- ESC: 30A×2
- Motor: BM2815A-KV1100 Brushless Outrunner
- Flying Weight: 1300g(45.9oz)
- Radio System: 6CH 2.4 GHz (not included)
- Battery: 14.8V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po (not included)
Note: This is PNP version, requires 4/6ch transmitter, receiver, battery, charger, and adapter.