You have no items in your shopping cart.
FMS 70mm A-10 Thunderbolt II V2 EDF Jet PNP
Part Number: FMS-A10TBPNPV2
Feel the FMS difference! No detail was overlooked in creating the A-10 V2! Feel the power and turn every head at the flying field with your very own “Warthog”History
The Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II is a single-seat, twin turbofan engine, straight wing jet aircraft developed by Fairchild-Republic for the United States Air Force (USAF). Commonly referred to by its nicknames Warthog or Hog, its official name comes from the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, a World War II fighter that was effective at attacking ground targets.Overview
In 2017, FMS announced its flagship aircraft- the A-10 Thunderbolt II. Known for its impeccable scale features and awesome performance, the “Warthog” is truly a favorite amongst pilots and spectators alike. To make the best even better, FMS has dedicated significant engineering effort in building upon the first generation A-10, making evolutionary design and performance improvements to create the A-10 V2. Retaining features such as the screw-together airframe, ball-linked control surfaces and high strength spar system, the A-10 V2 comes together just as easily its predecessor. Scale details remain impeccable- realistic rivets, panel lines, removable bombs and rockets and realistic absorbing CNC landing gear, just to name a few. Built upon these great features, the A-10 V2 receives ten major structural, electronic and scale improvements:
- • Improved ESC: The dual 70A ESCs are uprated to dual Hobbywing 80A ESCs, with an external 8A BEC for bulletproof performance.
- • Upgraded servos: Elevator and Rudder servos have been upgraded to 23g metal geared servos from the original 17g metal geared units- meaning more torque for the control surfaces giving even better performance.
- • Precision landing gear design: The nose landing gear has been redesigned to minimize play- ensuring the assembly tracks straight and true even at high speeds.
- • Improved connectors: ‘soft’ connector design significantly increases the reliability of the wing quick release system.
- • Increased elevator travel: giving pilots more precision and control authority
- • Improved tires: an improved, more durable compound extends the service life of the landing gear wheels, even in rough field operations.
- • Robust canopy latch: extended pin on the canopy latch reduces the possibility of an accidental canopy release in flight.
- • Enlarged battery bay: now fits two 6S 3300mAh Lipos, for significantly increased flight times!
- • New trim scheme: even more attractive trim than the original!
- • New scale pilot
- • 1.Dual 70mm inrunner 12 bladed EDFs and Hobbywing 80A ESCs provide ample thrust.
- • 2.Highly realistic scale features: Rivets, panel lines, CNC shock absorbing landing gears, removable bombs and rocket pods, scale pilot figure etc.
- • 3.Ultra bright LED light system
- • 4.Electronic retracts with over current protection
- • 5.Large diameter bearings in the landing gear allow the A-10 V2 to roll smoothly over rough terrain
- • 6.Preinstalled ball-linked control horns for accurate and precise movements.
- • 6+ Channel Transmitter and Receiver
- • 5000mAh 6S 45C LiPo Battery (2x 3300 mAh for Maximum Flight Time)
- • Appropriate Balancing LiPo Charger
- • Wingspan: 1500mm/59.1in
- • Overall Length: 1368mm/53.9in
- • Flying Weight: Around 4100g
- • Wing Load: 113.2g/dm2 (0.26oz/in2)
- • Wing Area: 36.2dm2 (561sq.in)
- • Motor Size: Inner running Brushless 2860 KV1850 x 2
- • ESC: 80A ESC X 2 with 8A BEC
- • Servo: 13g metalServo x 5, 23g metal Servo x 4
- • Radio: 6 Channel
- • CG (center of gravity): 80-85mm (From Leading Edge)
- • Prop Size: /
- • EDF: Twin 70mm
- • Recommended Battery: Li-Po 22.2V 5000mAh 45C
- • Aileron: Yes
- • Elevator: Yes
- • Rudder: Yes
- • Flaps: Yes
- • Retracts: Yes
- • Approx. Flying Duration: 4 minutes
- • Minimum Age Recommendation: 14+
- • Experience Level: Intermediate
- • Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- • Assembly Time: 30 minutes
- • Is Assembly Required: Yes
- • Material: Durable EPO
- • Package Options: PNP