You have no items in your shopping cart.
Part Number: FT-ALPHA
The FT Alpha was designed and created by FT STEM students to showcase the Engineering and Design Learning Strand of our curriculum.
The Alpha was designed to be a quick and easy to fly build, an all-around best performer out of the Triad series. The FT Alpha is compatible with the FT Bravo and FT Charlie kits. Each airplanes’ wings are built to be removable from the fuselage, and can be swapped with any of the other Triad planes, giving the builder essentially 9 planes to choose from.
The Swapping Of Wings Takes Less Than A Minute And Is Supported By Rubber Bands!
There is no need to re-calibrate the center of gravity on the aircraft after swapping, the CG remains the same no matter what combination you configure. This is great for the flight line and swapping with others, making it an enjoyable experience for all.
We want you to have an amazing experience both in building and flying. This kit comes with everything you need to complete the FT Alpha Aircraft. Push-rods, control horns, firewalls and all other items needed to make this airframe electronics ready are included in the kit.
FT Alpha Airplane Kit Includes:
- 1 FT Alpha Foam Kit
- 1 Hook-and-Loop strap fastener
- 2 16.5"" Pushrods
- 2 Skewers
- 2 Rubber Bands
- 2 Zip Ties
- 1 Mini Firewall/Control Horn Combo
- 1 Alpha Decal Sheet
- 1 Stem Data Sheet
- 1 Combo Sticker Pack
Required to Complete
- Transmitter & Receiver
- Motor:2300 kv 2204 size motor Recommended
- Prop: 6.45 CW Reverse Prop Recommended
- ESC: 12 amp minimum Recommended
- Battery: 850 MAH 3S Recommended
- Servos: 2x 5 gram servos Recommended
- Compatible LiPo Charger
Please see youtube video for building instruction:
- Weight (Without Battery): 8.1 oz (230 g)
- Center Of Gravity: 14 inches (355 mm) from the nose
- Control Surface Throws: 16 degree deflection/ Expo 30% (increase based on skill)
- Wingspan: 24 inches (609 mm)
Note: Please watch recent build videos before removing any paper from the foam! Some videos may use white foam board, which is no longer available and has now been replaced with water-resistant foam board.
NOTE: This Item is too large for the Japan Parcel Post shipping option. You must select EMS EXPRESS or FedEx SHIPPING METHOD at checkout time.