You have no items in your shopping cart.
FT Explorer Speed Build Kit
Old Price: $43.95
Special Price: $21.84
Part Number: FT-EXPLOER-WR-FOAM
The FT Explorer carries all the simple lines, features, and characteristics that you will find with many of the most common and successful trainers, such as the Hitec Easy Star, the Sky Surfer, and of course, the Hobbyking Bixler series. The difference is that the motor, wings, tail section, and nose can all be swapped, reconfigured, or changed out to allow you to discover the performance changes of a new design. Our hope is that the community will design, learn, and share what they have created, so others can learn and grow. Just like the Mighty Mini Tiny Trainer, The FT Explorer comes with 2 wings– one for 3 channel flight and a sport wing for faster 4 channel operation.
Required to Complete
- Transmitter & Receiver
- Motor: Park 370 – 425, 1000 kv minimum Recommended
- ESC: 20 – 30 amp Recommended
- Servos: (2 – 4) 9 gram servos Recommended
- Battery: 2200 mAH 3s minimum (Hyperion G5 70C 3S 2200 Recommended)
- Prop: 8 x 4.5 slow fly or 9 x 6 APC prop Recommended
- Compatible Lipo charger
Please see youtube video for building instruction:
- Weight (without battery): 1.08 lbs (493 g)
- Center Of Gravity: 2.25” (57 mm) from leading edge of wing
- Control Surface Throws: 12? deflection - Expo 30%
- Wingspan: 57 inches (1447 mm)
Note: Please watch recent build videos before removing any paper from the foam! Some videos may use white foam board, which is no longer available and has now been replaced with water-resistant foam board.
NOTE: This Item is too large for the Japan Parcel Post shipping option. You must select EMS EXPRESS or FedEx SHIPPING METHOD at checkout time.