You have no items in your shopping cart.
FT Mini Pietenpol
Part Number: FT-PIETENPOL
The FT Mini Pietenpol was designed to honor the vision and benefits of its full-size, two-seat, big brother. It is simple, fun and easy to fly while also being easy to build. These characteristics were the goal of the original 1928 design by Bernard Pietenpol. Pietenpol took pride in getting people in the air with minimal investment, skills and tools. His heart reflects Flite Test’s values in every way.
The FT Mini Pietenpol is a three-channel design that makes coordinated turns and flies slow and stable. The kit can be built after dinner and be ready to fly before bed time. The techniques needed to build this kit are not only simple, but carry across all 40 plus FT designs. Our desire is that this little bird will be the source of many wonderful flights and memories that will be shared within families for years to come.
“I was powerfully inspired as a young child when I received my first Pietenpol ride at the age of 12. Flite Test’s desire is to inspire both young and old with this little plane.” Josh Bixler
FT Mini Pietenpol Includes:
- 1x FT Mini
- 1x Data Card
- 6x Skewers
- 1x Mini Firewall Control Horn Combo
- 2x 16.5 Pushrods
- 1x Hook-and-Loop strap fastener
- 1x One Bendable Black Straw
- 1x Thin Landing Gear Wire (.068")
- 1x Poster Board Pack For Pietenpol
- 4x "Straight & True" Popsicle Sticks
- 1x New FT Sticker Set (7 Piece Set)
- Note: This Kit Does Not Include Wheels
Required to Complete
- Transmitter & Receiver
- Motor: 2300 kv 2204 size motor Recommended
- Prop: 6 x 4.5 prop Recommended
- ESC: 12 amp minimum Recommended
- Battery: 800 mAH 3s Recommended
- Servos: (2) 5 gram servos Recommended
- Wheels: Mini Wheels 2.4" (pair) Recommended
- Compatible Lipo charger
Please see youtube video for building instruction:
- Weight (Without Battery): 8.8 oz (250 g)
- Center Of Gravity: Directly on the fold of the top wing
- Control Surface Throws: 12 degree deflection (elevons) expo 30%
- Wingspan: 24 inches (609 mm)
Note: Please watch recent build videos before removing any paper from the foam! Some videos may use white foam board, which is no longer available and has now been replaced with water-resistant foam board.
NOTE: This Item is too large for the Japan Parcel Post shipping option. You must select EMS EXPRESS or FedEx SHIPPING METHOD at checkout time.