You have no items in your shopping cart.
Castle Creations Talon 90A BL ESC
Part Number: CC-TALON-90
TALON 90 AMP ESC, 6S / 25.2V WITH 20 AMP BEC W / 5.5MM CONNECTORS
Designed for Helis
Talon 90 is ideal for helicopters drawing 2,000 watts on 6S. It's a great fit for extreme 500 and 550 class helis and sport (6S) 600 setups, and offers Castle's industry-leading helicopter functions, such as the unbelievable direct entry governor mode.
Great for Fixed Wing
Talon 90 is perfect for aerobats up to 10 pounds and scale ships up to 20 pounds.
- • Beefy 20 amp peak (9 amp continuous)
- • 5.5mm horizontal motor connectors installed, battery connectors sold separate
- • Innovative case ensures cooling in even the toughest mounting locations
- • Programmable via Castle Link Adapter (coupon for free Castle Link Adapter included with purchase) and a Windows PC, a Castle Field Link (sold separately) or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-Link Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
- • Audible alerts for error conditions
- • Telemetry compatible with purchase of Castle Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 (Item # 010-0152-00) and compatible Futaba Radio or Castle Telemetry Link for X-BUS (Item# 010-0148-00) and a compatible Spektrum Radio.
- • Designed, manufactured, and supported from Olathe, KS USA
- • Talon 90 ESC
- • (3) 5.5mm male bullets
- • Talon User Guide
- • Talon Quick Reference Guide
- • Telemetry Capable : Yes
- • ESC Current Rating : 90
- • Data Logging : No
- • Auxiliary Wire : No
- • Internal BEC : Yes
- • Minimum Input Voltage : 3S
- • Maximum Input Voltage : 6S
Power System Alerts:
The Talon ESCs are programmed to sound a number of tunes and codes using the motor as well as flashing LED patterns to alert users to certain conditions regarding their power system, such as over temperature, excessive load and locked head speed.
Telemetry has the potential not only to improve the safety of our models by monitoring battery voltages, ESC temperature, and other critical parameters, but it also creates other opportunities to get even more fun out of flying because you’ve essentially reduced the risks of “unknown” inevitable crashes. Think of the benefits to be had from alarms that will sound to warn you when there's interference about or if your receiver battery is running unexpectedly low. Requires purchase of Castle Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 (Item # 010-0152-00) and compatible Futaba Radio or Castle Telemetry Link for X-BUS (Item# 010-0148-00) and a compatible Spektrum Radio.
Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free Castle Link adapter included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software. (A small subset of the settings available through Castle Link Windows software can be accessed via manual programming through the transmitter stick).
Users will receive free access to all firmware updates, including added features sets using the Castle Link USB Programming Kit.
Castle Link Compatible
With the Castle Link USB Programming Kit you can use your Windows™ PC to easily program your controller. Castle Link includes all code for all Castle Link compatible hobby products in one convenient download. Note: Castle Link software requires a Castle Link USB Adapter and a computer that is running Windows. Castle Link is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Macintosh users may take advantage of software such as Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion, or Apple's Boot Camp along with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 to run the Castle Link software, provided the Macintosh has an Intel processor. Macintosh installation is not supported by Castle Creations.
Additional Castle Link benefits include:
- • Access expanded programming and parameters for Castle controllers (see overview below)
- • Access to all firmware updates, including added features sets released from Castle Engineering, at no charge.
- • Intuitive Demo Mode capability
- • Ability to default ESC to factory settings
- • Ability to save setup profiles for later use
- • Ability to download and view data logs (on applicable controllers)
|Talon/Talon HV Castle Link Settings Overview|
|Throttle Vehicle Type:||Airplane||Helicopter||Control Line||External Governor|
|Throttle type:||Auto-Calibrating Throttle
- • Input Voltage Range: MIN: 3S LiPo, MAX: 6S LiPo
- • Max Continuous Amperage at full throttle: 90 amps*
- • Max Voltage: 25.2V
- • BEC Voltage: 5.5 volts
- • BEC Output: 20 amp peak**, 9 amp continuous
- • Size: Width: 1.7" (43mm),Length: 3.14" (80mm), Depth: 0.7" (18mm) Mounting bracket adds 2mm depth and 8mm width
- • Weight: 3.0 oz. (84.5g) with 150mm power wires and no battery connectors
- • Connectors: 5.5mm horizontal connectors installed, battery connectors sold separate
- • Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, except Battery Current
Items Needed for Operation:
Battery connectors (sold separately)
Extreme 500 and 550 class helis and sport (6S) 600 setups
Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free Castle Link adapter included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
*RC HOBBY APPLICATION RATING: 90 amps for the duration of a single 5,000 mAh battery pack with the ESC in contact with a 5 mph airflow of 25C (77F) or cooler air and minimal BEC load. Controller temperature must never exceed 100C (212F). Exceeding current or temperature ratings may damage components and may shorten the life of the ESC. Always verify system current draw at full-throttle. Decrease load or increase airflow to decrease the ESC’s operating temperature.
**Peak indicates amperage sustainable for 0.5 seconds - long enough for most servos’ current draw transients. Always confirm servo current draw before the first flight of the model.
This is a high power product with the potential to be very dangerous. Please read the safety information before use. This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Controller designed, and circuit boards manufactured, in Olathe, Kansas USA.
Controller assembled in Olathe, Kansas USA.