You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sensored 1410-3800KV Motor and MAMBA X SCT Pro Combo
Part Number: CC-SEN1410-3800-COMBO
Meet the next generation.
Castle Creations is proud to announce our new flagship surface product, the MAMBA X EXTREME 1:10 SCALE WATERPROOF ESC. We at Castle wanted to address three main concepts while designing a new ESC for the modern day RC enthusiast; VERSATILITY, RELIABILITY, and PERFORMANCE. These are the pillars of the Mamba X design and the driving forces behind the feature-packed controller.
ESCs have a tough life - landing extreme jumps, experiencing accidental collisions, and splashing through the occasional puddle. As R/C enthusiast themselves, Castle engineers understand this and designed the Mamba X to endure these situations and power through them. It is housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminum case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
The high performance Mamba X includes an integrated and powerful 8A adjustable BEC and can push the most extreme 1/10th scale setups and 1/8th scale* race buggies. SmartSense™ allows you to take advantage of smooth, cog-free, and predictable sensored starts, and Castle’s new and improved throttle response keeps you ahead of the competition.
The Mamba X with 1410-3800Kv sensored motor is the perfect combo for 1:10 scale 2WD and 4WD SCT up to 6.5lb running on 2S LiPo as well as 1:10 scale buggies and stadium trucks up to 4lbs on 2S-3S LiPo.
The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas and is backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled "make-it-right" customer support. Call us, email us, or walk in our front door – we’re here to help.
New Firmware Available! Version 2.02 offers improved low speed control, stronger drag brake, new Aux Wire Mode "Crawler/Rock Race", and MUCH more. Check out all of the changes here and be sure to update your new Mamba X via the Castle Link!
|Wide 2S to 6S input voltage range||SmartSense™|
|Sensored Motor Support (Castle X-Series Sensor Harness Included)||Integrated Capacitors|
|Waterproof||Removable 30mm Cooling Fan|
|8A Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)||Integrated 4mm Bullet Connectors|
|Data-logging||12 AWG Power Wires|
|Rugged CNC Aluminum Case||Waterproof Switch|
|Castle Link Programming Support||Audible Alerts|
|Telemetry Capable : Yes||Auxiliary Wire : Yes|
|Minimum Input Voltage : 2S||Maximum Input Voltage : 6S|
|Recon G6 Certified ESC : Yes||ROAR Certified ESC : Yes|
The Mamba X has an exclusive set of features that allow you more control and flexibility than ever before:
Enabled by default, the Mamba X uses the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with electronic timing. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at each. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSE™ will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This combines the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running. Your motor will produce more power and less heat.
AUXILIARY WIRE FUNCTIONALITY
The Mamba X allows “on-the-fly” adjustments to be made through the AUX wire once enabled in Castle Link. Once you have selected an AUX wire function, that setting can then be tuned from your transmitter while driving. Torque control, max throttle, max brake and drag brake adjustments are a sampling of the available modes. This real-time tuning allows you to quickly and easily fine-tune your system.
Enabled by default, the Mamba X captures and records performance data from your vehicle. This allows you to view a detailed turn-by-turn record of what your ESC actually experienced during the run. You will be able to record real-time data such as motor RPM, battery current and voltage, ESC and motor temperature, throttle input, and more. Download and analyze the collected data via Castle Link and make adjustments to maximize both performance and battery life.
For nearly 20 years Castle engineers have been setting the bar for industry leading software functionality. The Castle Link Programming Suite is your ticket to creating the perfect setup. To gain access to the host of tuning parameters, simply connect with Castle Link adapter. Download the simple to install software from our website and you are ready to personalize your controller’s parameters. Don’t forget to use the “check for updates” feature in Castle Link to download new software as it becomes available. New features are yours at no cost, a perk for choosing Castle.
*In 1/8th scale setups, the Mamba X is intended to be used for off-road racing in buggies weighing up to 9 lbs (including batteries and ready-to-run). In these 1/8th scale racing setups, the Mamba X should be run at 4S Lipo (16.8V) max and is recommended to be paired with the Castle 1512-1800Kv (P/N: 060-0062-00) or Castle 1515-2220Kv (P/N: 060-0063-00) motor, with appropriate gearing only.
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo, MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V);(3s maximum with included 1410 - 3800kv motor)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
Length: 2.14" (54.4mm)
Width: 1.39" (35.2mm)
Height: 1.18" (30.0mm)
- Weight (with wires): 3.56 oz. (101g)
- Connectors: 4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Up to 6.5lbs with included 1410 - 3800kv sensored motor.
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
Items Needed for Operation:
Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs are recommended.
Product Use Statements:
- *Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- **The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kgTech Notes:
- Mamba X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1:8th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
- Applying voltages higher than 25.2V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- We recommend a high-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as our Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs
- Input Voltage Range: 2-3S LiPo
- Kv: 3800
- Max. RPM: 100,000
- Size: Length: 52.7mm, Diameter: 36mm
- Weight (w/wires): 237g / 8.4oz
- Shaft Size: Length: 15.5mm, Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm)
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan: Optional, coming soon!
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
- Recommended ESC(s): Combo includes Mamba X ESC.
Ideal for 1:10 scale 2WD and 4WD SCT up to 6.5lb (2S) as well as 1:10 scale buggies and stadium trucks up to 4lbs (2S-3S).
Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored only
Water Resistant Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommended applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.